Category Archives: Current News
Laxman Public School welcomed the advent of spring with the festival of colours. The school celebrated an eco friendly – natural colour Holi (Holi Milan) which was organized on Friday 10th March 2017 in the school premises.
A Mock Drill exercise was conducted by the District Disaster Management Authority (South) under the stewardship of the office of the District Magistrate (South) for the staff of the school on 10th March 2017. This Mock Drill was a learning exercise for the staff in the preparedness of unforeseen disaster.
Vacancies of Non Pre -School for the year 2017-18
- Only online application form will be accepted.
- Click on the submit button to get the copy of the form on the screen.
- Fill up the form as per the guidelines mentioned in Annexure – 1.
- Take a printout of the form, then paste photograph and also attach attested copy of the documents.
- Submit the duly filled form with the mentioned documents at the school fee office from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on all working days.
- Last date of submission of application form is Friday 24th March, 2017.
- Incomplete form will not be accepted by the school.
- For Class XI, Additional subject form will be filled.
- You are advised to keep a photocopy of the filled form.
- Please fill in only one form to avoid cancellation.
- List of short listed candidates will be put up on the school website on Monday 27th March, 2017 after 2:00 p.m.
- New session begins on Monday 3rd April, 2017.
Note: For any technical problem you may contact 011-46067622, between 9.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
ANNEXURE – I
Laxman Public School played host to a delegation of 32 students and 2 teachers from Experimental School of Capital Normal University, Beijing, China on 2nd February 2017. The visit was organised by Confederation of UNESCO Clubs and Associations of India.
The school felicitated the visitors on their visit and gave them a glimpse of Indian hospitality and culture. They were entertained by a short presentation comprising of orchestra items based on Indian ragas, Indian classical and folk dances. The junior school students also gave a demonstration of yoga. Friendly basketball and football matches were played between the visitors and the host. The visiting delegation was highly impressed by the herbal garden and science park of the school.
The visit encouraged exchange of ideas between the students of China and India. It served as a step towards creating global harmony and peace.
The school organised a medical health check-up camp for all the students and staff from 5th to 20th December 2016. A team of doctors from Aakash Hospital conducted the camp which included General Physical examination, Blood Pressure check-up, BMI check-up, Dental Check-up, Eye Check-up, Blood Sugar check-up, Haemoglobin Check-up. Necessary medical advice and precautionary measures were given to the students.
An Art & Craft workshop on Indian folk art was organised for classes IX to XI on the 24th, 25th & 27th January 2017, through the aegis of the NGO Empowerment.
Students were introduced to the diverse folk handicrafts of India and the different forms of art, their origin and the also learnt the difference between art and design. The visiting team consisted of renowned ‘Gond’ artists who gave hands on training to the students on Gond Art – the folk art form of Madhya Pradesh. Students made motifs on the subject ‘Nature’ related to the livelihood of the tribal.
The 3-day workshop was an extremely enriching experience because the students learnt a new art form and expressing the language of the soul in brilliant hues of Gond art.